Wednesday, July 9, 2008

we have a shelf!




I'm so happy with our shelf! Guy lined my shower stuff up and cut the shelf to hold it all. Well, at least that's the plan. We still have a little hardibacker to install over the new shelf, but this is what the progress looked like as of Sunday night. The tile around the bathtub is done except a few finishing cuts. We haven't grouted yet.

My new #1 advice for anyone wanting to tile... GET A WET TILE SAW! Like idiots, we used nippers and the manual snapper thing all day. My husband was bleeding and the room was a mess! Finally, I asked my dad to bring over his wet tile saw. The few tiles we had left to cut were a breeze! What a difference. I don't have one yet, but I think I will buy a file too, if they have such a thing. I'm thinking a round one would work to smooth out the cuts we need to make around the window frame.

1 comment:

Plan Our Health said...

Wow....that is looking great! Yeah, I want all of the tips you can give on tiling!