Monday, October 27, 2008

red wine induced rambling

What a nice moment. I had no idea how much I missed my computer. The baby is sleeping, the kids are downstairs playing, and I can smell a wonderful pork tenderloin cooking in oven. Oh, and I'm enjoying a nice glass of pinot noir. Is it a bad sign when you start drinking your wine from a tinted juice cup? I always break my wine glasses.

Anyway, I love having my desk next to the kitchen. I feel like an adult again. I'm still in the phase of holding Tiki ALL the time when he's awake. This desk is like a corner of "adult world" where I have MY stuff. All the cords are conceiled, so I don't have to worry anymore about Tiki chewing on the cables or pulling stuff down. I love being next to the kitchen and in the middle of everything going on with the family. I can turn the study into a real bedroom for him. Not that I ever wanted it to come to that. It can't be good for the market to have a makeshift bedroom... I'm not gonna worry about that right now. Dammitt, having a house on the market for so long with three very young boys is downright stressful. I get so tempted to just take it off for awhile. But we need to unload it. The lot payment is expensive. And there is the new office space we have a verbal contract on. That's exciting news, but it's still secret and I don't have time to get into it, so I'll write about that later. It has been a great distraction for me, though! I'm just so damn obsessive!

No comments: