Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Introduction

I can't believe it! I finally opened a blog. I've been wanting to do it for some time, but I just couldn't think of a blog name! I wasn't in love with anything I thought of that was available, and finally this morning I was sitting here and it came to me. Really... I didn't think it up; it literally just popped right into my mind. And I think it's perfect for me. All my life growing up, no matter what we were doing, my mom would say, "We're making memories." It really stuck with me, and I think it guides me in the way that we raise our kids. I want to make memories with them. Good, simple memories. And when I find myself crabby or having a bad day, I realize somewhere deep down that I'm probably making bad ones.

My sub-title comes from something my husband frequently says. We are different in many ways, and one is that he is patient and very easy going. I tend to rush through things to get to the end. I want results, and I want them NOW! Guy reminds me to "enjoy the journey." It seems like a simple idea that would come naturally, but for me it is something I have to remind myself of almost daily.

So with those two ideas, I'm starting my blog. Maybe it will make me more conscious of how I'm living. Maybe it will motivate me to reach even further. I like that my title doesn't force me into any certain theme because I think I'll have many mini-themes. Parenting, venting, cooking, and trying to live green are the things I think I'll write about. If I never have any readers, it will at least be a good way to force myself to keep a journal. So, here goes...

1 comment:

Leah said...

I like the name of your blog...and totally agree with the idea of making simple memories that will last. As life and the world becomes more complicated, more technologically advanced, etc...I find that I crave simplicity.