Sunday, August 3, 2008

I couldn't do it.

I had a talk with Coocoo yesterday and told him I would offer him a choice. He could either miss the party or loose his computer for 3 days. I told him he would loose the chance to choose if he got into trouble one time. He choose the computer, so we all got to go to the party.

I'm so glad! I felt too much guilt over the whole thing. It was a wonderful party, the good old-fashioned backyard barbecue. They played games (like sack races) and rented a big bouncy thing. It was steaming hot, though, so Tiki was a little fussy. I know I put myself into a bad position, but I decided the whole family shouldn't suffer for it. Or should I have held firm and made him miss the party? Maybe. This parenting thing is hard.

1 comment:

Plan Our Health said...

It's very interesting to read and learn ahead of time all of the challenges that lie ahead for us when we start our family. I apparently can't even get my cat to eat the food I put in front of him, so I need all of the tips I can get! Thanks for sharing your stories on parenting.