Monday, June 23, 2008

almost there



It's been one of those long, dull days in which I go through the moves with a glaze over my eyes. Mondays are my busy days anyway. 8:45am Aerobics. 10am Coocoo's speech lesson. 11:20am massage one of my weekly clients. I usually get a break when the two youngest take their afternoon nap, but Booboo decided he wouldn't be having a nap today. He played in there an hour, so I guess I did sort of get the break. Although the baby was up during that time. He hasn't had a great nap all day.

Because the 2 1/2 year old didn't get his nap, he's been extra squeal-y. Is that a word?

I hate when I get like this. Coocoo challenged me just now by getting into one of my drawers that he knows he isn't allowed to get into. I opened my mouth to say I would spank him (I don't feel good about saying that), but instead I said I would smack him. Yes, I actually said that. I heard it come out, and I cringed. I'm gonna have to apologize. But instead I'm blogging.

Since he was a baby, he has constantly challenged me. Sometimes I'm up for it. I'm rested and in a good frame of mind and I handle it perfectly. Other times, if I'm tired or low, I react rather than respond. That's when I feel like shit about my mothering.

By the way, my husband just came home. I told him I was blogging about my bad day. He said, "every day is good that you're married to me." He was joking, but he was right. And just like that, I'm starting to feel better. I love that man. Well, that and I love the Pinot Noir I'm drinking!

4 comments:

Plan Our Health said...

Isn't it awesome to have such a kind and patient husband? I have one of those and could have searched the world over and never found anyone as perfect for me as he has been!

Johnna said...

Yes, we are both very lucky.

Ginger said...

Haha...that sounds just like something he would say (and Josh too!!). They really are too much alike...good thing we have them to calm us down, huh?

Ginger said...

Haha...that sounds just like something he would say (and Josh too!!). They really are too much alike...good thing we have them to calm us down, huh?