I am so happy to be posting this picture and declaring this project DONE! It was so much work. It took 3 full weekends, plus some extra time painting. Truthfully, I still have to touch up the wall paint above the moulding, but I'm still calling this baby done! And it looks so nice. My husband made the panels just from me describing what I wanted, and he did an even better job than I asked for. The walls are so high in here, about 16 feet I'm guessing, so I couldn't paint the top part myself. He had to do his first ever "cutting in" painting job on one of those straight ladders. We set it at too great an angle, and I watched him fall all the way down. It was so terrifying! He fell right on his belly too, so it's good it wasn't me up there. He got bruised up a little, but he was fine. I think it traumatized me much more than it did him.
Here's a before picture of the room:
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that all this work pays off and helps us sell this house. I really, really want to be out this summer!!!